The Mission of the GIST Cancer Research Fund:
- To create funding to support research which is vital to the long-term survival of those coping with GIST.
- To provide patients and practitioners with more data on GIST.
- To provide information about GIST to the international community.
- To influence the U.S. Legislature in implementing policies towards coverage of oral drugs.
- To work side-by-side with medical facilities, creating GIST tumor tissue banks locally and internationally.
- To provide support for patients and families coping with GIST.
- To fund further research that creates methods of early detection for GIST.
More information on GIST in our patient area.